Designing a room with a special color theme and decorating it with aromatic candles to create a romantic mood is the preferred choice of all of us. In spite of the invention of electricity, people still favor the candles in religious ceremonies, birthday, Mother’s Day, Christmas and other gatherings. Aromatic candles are usually demanded by hotels and spas for festivals and dinners to décor their area. But candles need to be packaged in alluring candle boxes to increase the visibility and sales.
Whether it is a candle box or any other product packaging, your presentation plays a significant role in determining how successful the product would be on the retail market shelves. But it is obvious that enticing candle boxes require hefty amounts for designing the packaging. To reduce the burden of expenses on your pocket, you can craft candles and candle boxes packaging at home. Turning a plain candle into something unique and stylish is not difficult at all. Wrapping up candles in tissue or patterned fabric can make the Mother’s Day or other events more special. Here, we are going to discuss how we can design candles and their packaging at home.
Material required for designing the candles is:
- Small glass jar
- Paraffin wax
- Printed fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Double sided tape
To make candles:
- Paraffin wax is a byproduct of petroleum oil and is considered a durable wax in the manufacturing of candles. Initially, heat the wax until it is near to a liquid state, pour it into a glass jar and let it cool for some time. Add some perfume or dye in it. Measure the height of a jar and cut the fabric at least 2 to 3cm in height smaller than the jar. To measure the circumference, encircle some thread around the candle jar and add a 1cm overlap so that the fabric can cross-over at the back of a pot. Carefully, draw a long rectangle with a pencil at the back of the fabric by keeping in mind all the measurements.
- At the back side of a fabric, attach a double-sided tape with both short edges. Wrap the fabric around the jar by sticking its one end with it. The other side must overlap with the fabric by ensuring that your fabric should be stretched and straight. Cut out the stray threads.
- Cut a ribbon according to the circumference of a jar and wrap it around in the middle of it.
To make candle packaging boxes:
- Paint an inner and outer side of a cardboard box with a color that is the most favored one of your mother and let it dry for some time.
- Add some detail, a mother’s name or initials on the tag by using some wrapping or plain paper.
- Decorate your candle boxes packaging with fabric leaves. This could be done by ironing fabric on the back side and cutting out the shape of a leaf either by hand or by holding an original leaf onto the fabric so to cut it around. Paste fabric leaves with glue at the ends of a ribbon or directly to the box.
- Place your candles inside the box, tie it with a ribbon, add a swing tag and present it to your mother.